Events within 30 miles of Littlehampton
Please check that these events are still happening before making your travel arrangements
- This event has passed.
Littlehampton Museum: Prebooked Visit
18 August 2020 @ 9:30 am - 20 October 2020 @ 3:30 pm
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Museum. In order to ensure that the visit is as safe as possible for everyone we have put a number of new safety procedures in place .
Visits to the museum will be via a pre-booked ticket that is free of charge. Dates and times are limited. We will be admitting one family group or bubble at a time. Only one ticket needs to be booked for a family group . We hope to increase our opening times soon, we will announce more about this in the coming weeks.
Each time slot will be one hour long , which will allow our staff to clean touch points between each visit. This is a unique opportunity to have the Museum all to yourself and your household group, your very own ‘Private View’.
Anyone showing any of the COVID-19 symptoms must not attend the booking. Symptoms: high temperature; new continuous cough; loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. If symptoms develop whilst at the Museum go home and follow the ‘Stay at Home Guidance’. Any sickness should be reported to the Museum immediately.
Please note that we will be collecting contact details (name and phone number) for those who enter the museum building to support the NHS Test and Trace system. Only one member of the family group or bubble needs to leave their details.
During your visit:
• On arrival at The Manor House please make your way to Reception, If Reception is busy, please wait on the markers provided until Reception is clear. Once in Reception please inform the receptionist that you are there for the Museum and they will check the booking system.
• On entry please use the hand sanitiser available before heading into the Museum.
• Each time slot is 1 hour long, and you will be able to enjoy the whole Museum to yourselves during that time.
• A member of staff will be present at Reception if you have any questions or queries, please ensure you adhere to social distancing and stay 2m away from them at all times.
• Touch points within the Museum will be cleaned both before and after your visit, please help us by refraining from touching glass cases or surfaces around the Museum. Sadly interactive features such as touch screens and audio devices have been temporarily deactivated to reduce transmission risks.
• In line with Government guidance please wear a face covering during your visit, for the safety of staff and other visitors, unless you are exempt.
• You are welcome to enjoy the Museum for the whole one hour slot, the member of staff will let you know when there is 15 minutes remaining. This is to ensure that there is adequate cleaning time available between time slots.
• Our Typography Exhibition has been extended and will be available to view during your visit.