Middleton-on-Sea Pond and Green are situated at the junction of Sea Lane and Middleton Road. It is leased by the Parish Council to the Friends of Middleton-on-Sea Pond & Green Charity which was established in December 2016 with a number of Trustees and an advisory sub-committee. Its aim is to maintain an attractive community asset and a varied ecological habitat for wildlife.
The earliest record of the pond is a map dated 1778 and a tithe map dated 1835 shows the pond and green where it is now. Originally thought to have been used to wash the wheels of carts before they headed down Sea Lane to a cart shed, it is now an attractive oasis of tranquillity.
The charity relies solely on grants, donations and local support at its community fundraising events.
Maintenance is carried out by a local volunteer workforce that gets together every 4 weeks, and more often whenever there is a specific project to complete.